Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hush,Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Reading level: Young Adult
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing

Rated 8/10

Nora Grey is assigned a new partner in her sophomore biology class. Her instincts tell her Patch is trouble, and she doesn't like the way he is already inside her head (“Part of me wanted to run away from him screaming, Fire! A more reckless part was tempted to see how close I could get without... combusting”). Soon she is questioning her sanity—she is attacked by a masked figure that smashes her car window, but later the glass is intact. And the same figure ransacks her bedroom, but everything is in place when the police arrive. The violence and danger escalate, and Nora learns that Patch is actually a fallen angel seeking to become human. Fitzpatrick regularly tweaks the tension, resulting in a fast-paced, exhilarating read. Nora's tempestuous relationship with prototypical bad boy Patch is genuinely, even unsettlingly, seductive—fans of paranormal romance should be rapt.
MY REVIEW
I liked this book but some things were a lil too unbelievable and forced at times. It's a good read,I'm sure most will disagree with me but that's the way it came off .Sixteen year old Nora is assigned a new biology partner (Patch)and isn't too thrilled about it. Patch comes of as sarcastic most of the time and Nora doesn't know whether to like him or hate him. Everywhere Nora goes he seems to show and up and Nora can't help but think he's stalking her or worse trying to kill her(read the book and you'll see what I mean). Nora soon finds out about Patch's secrets and past along with her own heritage. The cover is the main reason why I was attracted to this book in the first place(I know I've said before never go for a book because the cover is cool, but I didn't do what I said lol) It's an OK book and I definitley want to read the sequel(it's out now) There were some parts that kept my eyes glued to the page. So for every bad parts there's a good part. So read and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment