Thursday, August 26, 2010

Spells by Aprilynne Pike

Author: Aprilynne Pike
Reading level: Young Adult
Publisher: HarperTeen

Rated 9/10

"I can't just storm in and proclaim my intentions. I can't 'steal' you away. I just have to wait and hope that, someday, you'll ask," Tamani said.

"And if I don't?" Laurelsaid, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Then I guess I'll be waiting forever."

Although Laurel has come to accept her true idenity as a faerie, she refuses to turn her back on her human life- and especially her boyfriend, David- to return to the faerie world.

But when she is summoned to Avalon, Laurel's feelings for the charismatic faeriesentry Tamani are undeniable. She is forced to make a choice- a choice that could break her heart.
MY REVIEW
This is the sequel to Wings, and it's just as good if not better than Wings. By the way I'm definitely team Tamani LOL. I love how she writes about Avalon, I feel like I'm seeing it myself. I've always loved fairies and stories about them and I love how Aprilynne Pike puts a different twist on hers. Fae lovers everywhere should check this and Wings out.

Laurel goes to study at the Acedemy for Fall Faeries in Avalon while on her summer break so she can learn how to protect herself and the ones she loves from trolls, also so she can cover the basics of being a Fall faerie. She learns that customs are a lot different there than in the human world she has known most of her life. In Avalon there's a social structure that puts her ahead of a lot of people, including Tamani, and that life is different in his world than in hers. When she returns to the human world she is always on her guard fearing an attack from trolls. Like in Wings she is torn between David(her human boyfriend) and Tamani(a fellow faerie). It has that love triangle that most of us love reading about. I look forward to the next book in this series, I can't wait!!!!



I hear that Mily Cyrus will be playing Laurel in the movie version of Wings, please don't let this be true. No offense Miley Cyrus isn't pretty enough to be Laurel and is a terrible choice, she's not really that good at acting. I could never imagine Laurel looking and talking like Miley Cyrus, her voice is just too annoying!!!!! There are plenty of other actresses who could fit the role or they should hire an unknown actress because Miley can never be Laurel in my eyes. It's not just me either, a lot of the fans of Wings think the same thing.



              
I just love this pic and take no credit for it. I got it from here


This is just too pretty, I take no credit for it. I got it from here

No comments:

Post a Comment