Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Summoning-Kelley Armstrong

My name is Chloe Saunders and my life will never be the same again.




All I wanted was to make friends, meet boys, and keep on being ordinary. I don't even know what that means anymore. It all started on the day that I saw my first ghost—and the ghost saw me.



Now there are ghosts everywhere and they won't leave me alone. To top it all off, I somehow got myself locked up in Lyle House, a "special home" for troubled teens. Yet the home isn't what it seems. Don't tell anyone, but I think there might be more to my housemates than meets the eye. The question is, whose side are they on? It's up to me to figure out the dangerous secrets behind Lyle House . . . before its skeletons come back to haunt me.




MY REVIEW

The first book in the Darkest Powers series.OMG! I loved this book. Chloe could talk to and see ghosts even at the age of 3. She grew up thinking those were her imaginary friends after her mom died when she was young. When puberty hit she began seeing them again. Her aunt and dad took her to a group home with other kids her age where they told her she had some mental problems and the ghost stuff was all in her head and part of the problem. Only they had her there for more than just her being crazy. There are kids there with different problems that are told the same thing. You need to read the book it's great! Best series since Harry Potter. So glad I took the librarians advice and read the book otherwise I would have passed it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment