Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Forest Of Hands And Teeth by Carrie Ryan

Author: Carrie Ryan
Reading level: Young Adult
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers

Rated 10/10


  In Mary's world there are simple truths. The Sisterhood always knows best. The Guardians will protect and serve. The Unconsecrated will never relent. And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village; the fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth. But, slowly, Mary’s truths are failing her. She’s learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power, and about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness. When the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, she must choose between her village and her future—between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded in so much death?

MY REVIEW
I LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once I picked this book up I literally couldn't put it down. I have never read the zombie genre in books and I must say I highly enjoyed it. I love zombie movies, I guess I will be looking more more zombie books after reading this one! The story starts out with introducing us to Mary and how she loses both her father and mother because they were bitten by the Unconsecrated(word for zombies in this book) and forced to leave the town to live in the forest of hands and teeth where all the other Unconsecrated happen to live. Mary thinks they live in the last town on earth with actual humans. She longs to see the ocean from the stories her mother has passed down to her from generations in her family and falls in love with her bethrothed's lil brother. Things aren't what they seem in the town she was raised and soon curiosity gets the best of her and she needs answers to her questions. Her town is attacked soon by the Unconsecrated and Mary has her chance to answer some of her questions. Don't want to give too much away her cuz reading it and finding out is always the best route to go here. I love how this book isn't happy and love doesn't conquer everything in this book just like it doesn't in real life. Things happen and it doesn't always turn out for the good. I just say if you don't mind this isn't a happy disney kinda book then you should defiantly read it! I'm defiantly gonna read this book again someday cuz I just loved it from start to finish! I hear there's a campanion novel and now I think I'll search for that and read it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment